A tradition that Susie and Patty had established in the past few years, was going to a favorite nail salon in Grants Pass. I was quite excited to go, since Amie's fits had kept me from having a pedi earlier in the week!
Things started off really well. The owners of the salon had a son about Amie's age & she was super excited to play with him!
Patty and I were done first - aren't they spiffy!! :)
Amie got her nails painted.
And that's pretty much when things went to hell in a handbasket. I knew it was getting mighty late & Amie hadn't eaten yet. As soon as I told her we needed to leave to go get Grandma Hays - she was in her mean mode! :( The fit didn't end when I finally got her to the car. I picked Barb up, and headed back over (these pics were taken while we were gone).
Susie, Aunt Joan and Peggy had come and were getting their toes done too!!
By the time we got back with Barb - most toes were done, but Tiara decided to have acrylic nails put on her hands. That was expected to take over an hour. We left to go get dinner. Amie was fussy through out dinner & going to bed she was a bear.
It made me realize just how much my life has changed in the last several years. My life revolves around a moody little girl & even though I love her to death - I also want her to be more flexible & to not get worked up when things don't go exactly her way. But I know it isn't her fault - there's my conundrum. I understand she doesn't choose to have such a need for scheduled meal and night times; and at the same time I miss having the opportunity to do what I want when I want. And then I get mad because that makes me seem selfish - but I do wish that things were easier at times.



No comments:
Post a Comment