Saturday, June 18, 2011

And Away we go!

June 5th, Amie and I left Peoria & Aunt T left Moline to head west!  Amie was scheduled for June 13 & 14 to undergo testing at the University of Washington for her 16p11.2 syndrome.  We decided to fly out a week early to visit with family and drive to Oregon to see Aunt Joan for her 82nd birthday!  Tiara thought it was a great idea and joined us.  

I was tricked into thinking that Amie had fallen asleep in the car (I thought this might be a good sign that she would fall asleep on the flight) -- well she was faking!!  LOL


Waiting in Peoria.


Walking in O'Hare


Pretty scenery from the plane!





Look real close - you can see a second snow capped mountain to the right of the larger one (which I'm not sure what mountain that was anyway - maybe Mt. Ranier).


Leaving the airport!



We landed at Seatac airport around 2:30 pm and began our drive to Port Orchard to stay with cousin Sally & Rick!  On our way we were graced with the sight of Mt. Ranier!!  Mt. Ranier is only visible part of the time because of the cloudiness of the Pacific North West!!  He is quite Grand!

No comments:

Post a Comment