8:00 PM tonight Amie made it back to step-down!
Today was pretty good. She's still having a lot of pain in her right flank/back. A kidney ultrasound and urine analysis was ordered to make sure it wasn't something related to her kidneys. Watching the ultrasound, the kidneys looked pretty good. I dont know what the urine showed.
They also ordered an echo, and again watching over the shoulder, I think it looked pretty good. Her velocity still looked pretty high, but I caught a couple of the pressure gradients & they were down in the 20's! That's awesome!
Her chest drains are still in, but still giving red liquid - they want to see the liquid slow down & for it to be more yellow than red. But tonights nurse thought that the amount has definitely slowed down, so hoping that maybe tomorrow they can come out!
Chest x-ray this morning shows continued improvement with the fluid. She's definitely coughing more this afternoon. She got changed to lasix three times a day today. They put her back on a blood pressure medicine today, because her blood pressure is higher today than it was on the blood pressure medicine.
And she walked to the play room this afternoon! Overall she is continuing to do better & we're hoping to be home by Wednesday!!
What wonderful updates all around.Hope she continues to recover well.
ReplyDeleteRemember for them to give her morphine before they pull her tubes.It is really painful.They tell you its not but Broc cried so hard.I felt so bad.All I could do was hold his hand until it was over.