Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Getting closer to Heading Home!

The days have melted together - but I was looking through pictures on my phone & wanted to post a few.

First and formost is this one below - has to be my favorite by far!  This was taken on Sunday morning after she was getting better from the edema in her lungs that sent her back into a sedated state on Saturday.  She was definitely feeling better & I showed her the Justin Bieber magazine that I found in the gift shop!  She was over the moon happy with it!


This next one is at 6pm on Sunday.  She was finally getting a little better at eating a little something.  Unfortunately - not long after I took this, she threw it up.  She still struggles with food (but we are hoping that the drains coming out will make that better!)


She also got blood on Sunday - which took her from a low of 7.7 to a normal of 12.5!!  Yeah for blood!


Sunday night we also got her hair cleaned and combed for the first time!  WOW!  four days of bedhead make for a BIG mess with her long hair!


On Monday night she got moved from the PICU to the step down!!  Yeah!  Bigger room, more privacy & a bigger couch for Mom or Dad to sleep on!!  :)

On Tuesday - Dad was trying to teach her the fine art of playing space invaders on the hospital game channel.  It wasn't very well received...


So this brings us to today!  We are patiently waiting right now for the doctor and nurses to come in to take out the drains!  This will be a sedated procedure, but when they are out, she should start feeling a lot better!  Tomorrow morning will be a chest x-ray & if the rest of today & tonight go well & x-ray is looking good - she will be SPRUNG from this joint!!  :)


She has lost weight while she was here, we can see it in her face and in her little belly, but hopefully with the drains out, she will be less nauseated & not have the pain she has right now!  Oh and I guess there was one other development, her pain has been very atypical - it has been in her right flank/back from the moment she woke up from surgery.  So she had a renal ultrasound on Monday to make sure it wasn't a kidney issue.  Luckily that was normal - so we are thinking it is the irritation from one of the drains.  I'll have to get a CD of her chest x-rays to load up for review!  Or I will take a picture with my phone, the nurses will pull them up any time we ask & every morning during rounds, the parents are invited to watch and listen and give input!  I LOVE THAT!!

1 comment:

  1. Hoping the drains can come out today.I am so happy that they are doing while she is sedated.It was really painful to watch Broc go through that.
    She is looking so much better.Hope you can go home soon and sleep in your own beds.

    ReplyDelete